Subject: Re: Lighting for Architectural
From: [email-masked] (Mike Crumpler)
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 1996 15:04:05 -0800

>> Question: It won't cast a shadow, or because of the light being in
>> the same place as the camera, the camera (and you) won't be able to
>> see it?
>
>It won't cast a shadow.  When LW traces shadows, the rays start on

I agree, if you select ray tracing in the lights requester. The reason I 
asked this was when J.G. replied, it started me thinking (scary, isn't it?). 
If I put two single-sided polys, one in front of the other, with their 
normals facing a light source, the poly closest to the light will cast a 
shadow on the one farthest from the light if the light is a shadow mapped 
spotlight. But that is the only way I can get it to work.

BTW, thanks for the explanation on how it works. I was never really sure how 
it worked.

                                Mike 
Mike Crumpler
Space Power Institute
Auburn University, Al.          
[email-masked]